A weekly newsletter on art, theater, media, culture, and the internet.
Season 2 of The Curtain, running from January 2021 to Present. A focus on the internet.
- The Curtain 104: The tension of digital vs physical prime
The after-effects of the last year of digitization will compete with the re-emergence of physical prime.
- The Curtain 103: Listen, Look, Touch
Looping through media and the internet and our relations with the physical world.
- The Curtain 102: Discord, Exclusivity, and Internet Spatiality
Examining Discord and a sense of space on the internet. Plus: a very bad take on theater and capitalism. Yikes.
- The Curtain 101: an underground wasteland
What the internet is made of, and the re-emergence of live arts.
- The Curtain 096: One Year Later
And: What we talk about when we talk about artificial scarcity
- The Curtain 093: Is Clubhouse Eating Liveness?
Plus: hyperobjects and the incomprehensible.
- The Curtain 092: A Post-Friday World
The internet's conception of performance has changed in the last 10 years
- The Curtain 091: Digitization Begets Chaos-ization
GameStop movies, Notes on digital texture, and more
- The Curtain 90: The Year of Texture
Unpacking the great flattening of digitization, and the metaphors we operate by.
- The Curtain 89: Web Space
On the web as private space, and the horrible horrors that the new internet has wrought.
The first 88 issues of The Curtain: a variety of things, mainly culture and theatre.
- The Curtain: 2020 Year-in-Review
Also: The Best Things of the Year (an amorphous list)